Web surveys are placed on a World Wide Web page residing either
on your server or auto-hosted on www.surveytracker.net. The respondent may
access the survey from any computer with a Web browser.
Surveys created in SurveyTracker display in the web browser as
they are designed. When ready, the survey is converted into the
final HTML files and a script for handling responses is also
created. With these files, the survey may be placed on the Web and
you may begin to receive responses.
Two hosting options:
Web surveys can be hosted either on your web or on SurveyTracker.net:
- When hosting a web survey on your web server, SurveyTracker creates the
files on your computer and you transfer them to your web server. The
survey operates on, and collects data from, your web server.
- With an auto-host account, you may upload
any web survey to the SurveyTracker.net web server for a hosting fee.
Auto-host removes the overhead of
hosting surveys on your web server and does not involve your IT
department or webmaster.
Unique features when hosting your own survey:
- Include unique passwords for each respondent created by SurveyTracker or selected from a field in your audience list.
- Use a single password for all respondents.
- Offer an optional Accessibility mode that offers ADA/508 Compliancy for the visually impaired.
- Mail merge respondent information onto the web survey.
- Limit entry into the survey to one respondent per Respondent ID/Password.
- On submit, responses can be shown a thank-you page, they can be redirected to a new URL, or the survey can restart.
- Set a time limit in which the respondent must complete the survey.
- Support for Unix or Windows-based Web servers.
- Collect responses in a file on the server or in a message sent to a designated e-mail address.
- Collect response data based on the time/date the response was submitted.
Unique features when using Auto-Host:
- Automatic upload and management of web survey files.
- Limit re-entry to the survey based on Respondent ID.
- End dates that automatically close web surveys.
- Collect responses on the server, in a message sent to a designated e-mail address, or both.
Both locally hosted and Auto-Host web surveys offer:
Click here for sample surveys.
- Audience list support for sending invitations and tracking responses.
- Save and Resume support allows a respondent to end a survey and continue at a later date.
- Response limiting based on respondent ID (only one response per ID will read into SurveyTracker).
- Must Complete questions so people must respond before completing the survey.
- Question Validation.
- Skip/Hit patterns.
- Multi or single page Web surveys.
- Image support for logos and pictures.
- Allow the respondent to print his/her responses on submit.
- Display a percent complete and/or page numbers at the bottom of the survey page.
- Real-Time Reports based on single respose, multiple response, or write-in scales. Real-Time Reports display on submit of survey, via a button on the thank you page, or through a specific URL only.
- Define custom Welcome, Thank You, and e-mail invitation pages.
- Send e-mail invitations to your respondent list.
- Review and send reminders to non-respondents.